For those of you who have been following the development of Immortal, and for those of you who have just found out about our mythological strategy game, I have an exciting announcement: You can play the game now for FREE!
Well, almost free… Although the game is still in development (most notably missing art for many of the cards), it is fully playable, and I’m making it available for you to enjoy as a Print-N-Play. Below, you will find links to a .zip file with PDFs of all the components you need to play Immortal, and the latest version of the rule book. All you will need is access to a printer, some letter-size paper (8.5″x11″), and scissors or an exacto-knife to cut out the cards and other components (please be careful, we wouldn’t want to get blood on the cards, now would we?)
Download the rules and learn how to play:
Immortal - Rule Book (beta-test v3.0)
Download the Print-N-Play files and join the war of the gods today!
Immortal – Print-N-Play Files
If you do print out and play Immortal, I would LOVE to hear what you think, and get your feedback to make the game and rule book even better. You can contact me by email.
The Print-N-Play Components (all PDFs in the zipped file):
- Rule Book
- 72 Character Cards (4 Pantheons x 18 cards each)
- Card Backs
- 16 Boards (for 8 Double-Sided Modular Board Pieces)
- Marker Sheet with:
- – 4 sets of Control Tokens
- – Bonus Markers
- – Penalty Markers
- – Dominion Markers
- – Mimic Markers
- Ability Quick Guide
- Player Reference Cards
Some key info about Immortal:
- Mythology Theme of epic battles between the gods, heroes, and monsters of warring pantheons.
- For 2-4 players, with an average playing time of 20 minutes per player.
- 4 Factions (Pantheons) based on the myths and legends of distinct world cultures, each with it’s own special abilities and asymmetrical playing style.
- Players can create Custom Decks of hybrid Pantheons.
- Battlefields created from Modular Board Pieces, representing the nexus of mythic realms.
- Gameplay combines Card Battle, Area Control, and Variable Player Powers.
- Win by capturing the most character cards from your opponents, while defending your own.
- Preparing for a launch on Kickstarter in early 2015.
That’s it for now! I’m happy to take any suggestions you would like to offer, and answer any questions you would like to ask. :) More updates are coming… including new artwork, spotlights on the gameplay, and Kickstarter plans. Come back soon for more!